Friday, February 9, 2007

Snow & Ice Festival.....Absolutely Beautiful!!!!


Icefile000.jpg


 


Visitors enjoy ice sculptures in Harbin, capital of northeast China's Heilongjiang province, on Saturday December 23, 2006, prior to the official launch of the annual ice and snow festival. Over 2,000 pieces of ice and snow sculptures are displayed at the festival that boasts the largest of its kind in the world, Xinhua News Agency said. [Xinhua]

 

 

 

icefile002.jpg







Mammoth snow sculpture greets visitors to Harbin

R Todd King: China Photos 2003 -Northeast Winter Rather than suffer the cold, the residents of Harbin celebrate it, with an annual festival of snow and ice sculptures and competitions. ...
http://rtoddking.com/chinawin2003_hb_if.htm

icefile003.jpg






icefile007.jpg






icefile010.jpg






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive sculptures.  I can only imagine how long it must take to get all that detail.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

How cool...did you ever hear of the "Ice Hotel"?  I think it's in Switzerland or Sweden.


Nancy

Anonymous said...

I am tellin yah, what I wouldnt do to see those in person. Just magic.

Hey Anne I wanted to tell you that I thank you from every drop of me, for your encouragement. I cant tell you how much it means to me. Thank you. ~Raven

Anonymous said...

Hey Wow, Raven ..... why thank you, too! I find you to be a real  and interesting special person and that is encouraging to me and others too I am sure!
Ann:)